Friday, April 29, 2011

Felt Camera Creation

My sweet friend made one of these felt camera cases a few months ago and I thought I would give it a go as well for a gift for my photographer friend, Millie Holloman. I knew it would not hold one of her incredible Nikon or Canon cameras but she would get a kick out of it and use it as a change purse or to hold gift cards. I used a thicker piece of felt for the body and softer felt and buttons for the interior and embellishments. I began by measuring and cutting out a pattern for the body, tracing that onto the thicker felt and cutting it out. I added on buttons and decor to make it look like a camera. I used the blanket stitch and embroidery thread to stitch around areas and add finished edges. I sewed on buttons and added a purple handle. It was a good first attempt... :) Being crafty is fun sometimes ehh?









final front


final back

No comments:

Post a Comment